Summer trips are here !!
If you want to feel that you are living among the stars and galaxy, you must come with us for the next trip!
The whales valley is located in the Wadi El-Rayan Protected area in Fayoum Governorate, 150 km from Cairo. In The whales valley , 10 complete skeletons of whales were found that lived in that area about 40 million years ago, as it was part of a large ocean that includes North Africa. In 2005, The whales valley was classified as a World Heritage area and was chosen by UNESCO as the best World Heritage area for whale skeletons.
- Gathering at 10:00 AM at the state council – Dokki, moving at 10:30.
- Rest during the road, arrival to the whales valley protected area at 2:30 PM.
- Take a break, and then participate in the preparation of the camp.
- At 4:00 PM, visit the open climate change museum.
- At 7:00 PM meal time.
- At 8:00 PM astronomy session.
1- We will observe the sky by eye and telescope at intermittent intervals on the most important constellations that exist
2- Night stargazing.
3- How to determine directions and know the Qibla by the stars.
4- Using sky maps and smart phone applications to learn about the virtual shapes of constellations and planets, their locations and their names.
5- How to differentiate between stars and planets.
- Camp fire sitting and enjoying the quiet of the night and then staying in tents.
- Next day – gathering, moving and returning to Cairo after sunrise and arriving in average at 10 AM.
Things to bring
- ID card.
- A suitable shoes for walking.
- Flashlight or head light.
- A jacket for cold nights.
- Food (Only available one meal).
- There is a camping area, sleeping bags are available, and overnight stays in tents.
- Bathrooms available in camp.
- The trip is for Egyptians and Arabs only.
- Children under 10 years old are not allowed to attend.
- There is no coverage for all networks in the protected area.
- Please bring food and drink for the rest of the day.
- Please bring a jacket for the cold weather nights .
- There is a 35-kilometre long ramp to reach the reserve, which causes vibrations in the bus and dust.
- The trip can be canceled or postponed for reasons of bad weather – incomplete or emergency situations, the paid amount will fully refunded expect the online transfer fees .
- Cancellation can be made 48 hours before the trip , and nothing will be refunded after that.
- Trip will not be canceled if there clouds and the astronomy session continued by what is available at different times of night .